Student Acceptable Use Policy for Virtual Learning Environment
- When students engage in “remote teaching and learning” through the school Office 365 platform (Teams etc.), normal school policies apply regarding behaviour, ICT usage, Anti-Bullying etc.
- Any misuse of the Office 365 Platform may result in the suspension of a student’s account for a period of time.
- The teacher will initiate and invite the students to the team meetings.
- Students are only permitted to attend meetings scheduled and organised by their teachers and are not permitted to initiate/start unsupervised meetings.
- The teacher will instruct the students to turn on or off their camera in the meeting invitation.
- Meetings work best when all students’ microphones are muted and seek permission from the teacher to ask a question in the ‘meeting chat’ area.
- The student should be in a neutral area where nothing personal or inappropriate can be seen or heard in the background. Students should inform other members of their household that they are attending class and should not be disturbed.
- Teams is a formal communication channel for use by students only. Students should be aware that any comments posted will be seen by others and cannot be edited or deleted and this can become a part of their digital footprint.
- Meetings may be recorded by the teacher to share with any students who were unable to attend. The teacher will inform the class at the start of the meeting if they will be recording the meeting for this purpose.
- Students are not permitted to record or take photographs of meetings.
- When the teacher informs the class that the meeting is over, all students must press the ‘Leave’ button.
- The teacher is the last person to leave the meeting.