Welcome to our school!
Our College is a caring and proud learning community committed to the pursuit of excellence. Students, teachers and parents are encouraged and supported to be the best that they can be in a school environment that respects diversity and fosters justice and equality for all.
The core values that we have identified as being central to all relationships and structures within our school are:
Fairness | Courage | Courtesy
Achieving with Care
Contextual factors – Internal and External
- Total number of students: 880
- Gender Profile: 53% Boys 47% Girls
- Catchment Area: Swords and North County Dublin area.
The current Board of Management comprises:
- 3 members of Dublin and Dun Laoghaire Education and Training Board (DDLETB)
- 2 Staff representatives
- 2 Parent representatives
- 1 representative of the local community
- Secretary to the Board – School Principal
- Recording Secretary – School Deputy Principal
The educational aims of Fingal Community College are as follows:
- To promote the academic, moral, spiritual, social and personal development of students in consultation with their parents/ guardians
- To cherish and nurture all students equally regardless of their ability, gender, creed, race, class or ethnic background and to promote tolerance and respect for all
- To encourage the pursuit of excellence appropriate to each student’s particular talents and skills so that each individual can be the very best version of themselves
- To offer a broad holistic curriculum to enable students to reach their full potential and to develop a love of learning
- To give every opportunity to students to develop powers of critical reflection thereby building independence of mind as a means towards responsible citizenship