Nut Allergies Policy

/Nut Allergies Policy
Nut Allergies Policy 2020-09-30T16:42:53+00:00

We would like to bring to your attention that there are a number of students in the College who have a serious allergy to nuts and nut products. 

A young person with a serious nut allergy can suffer a severe reaction called Anaphylactic Shock when they come into contact with this allergen by consuming or touching a nut-containing food. 

In some cases, this allergic reaction can be triggered by touching surfaces or through airborne contact with the allergen. 

We would therefore advise that parents and students cannot bring nuts or any product containing nuts into the College. 

 We thank you for your cooperation with making Fingal Community College an allergy aware environment.